Deep Reflections

Grab this Headline Animator

My Blog Widget

Friday, August 15, 2008

Woman On A Pedestal

And yet another one about a woman, you say. It is also obvious to me that I have issues with women, which is strange to say because I myself, am a woman. But yes, that's why there are called catfights, which is another peculiarity because Cats are referred to as guys way back when. Meow, Rawr, and all that jazz, I guess, are expressions usually made by women, mostly in the West. Hmmm, but I'm not typing here to talk about my misunderstandings with my fellow women, nor the history of retro terminologies, no, I'm here to talk about a woman so incredible you'll have to kneel and bow down if you don't want to feel idiotic. Ever since I was a little girl, I always admired people with brains. To the point that I acquire "crushes" on those people. One particular girl caught my admiration. She's top of the class, graduated in a very good school, and now leading a successful career. It's her spirit that holds me in constant awe. She's the most secure being I've ever come across with in my life, she's fearless, she's warm, and she has a heart. In short, she's got everything inherent within her that I don't possess, inherently or acquired. YET. But one exception is the heart. I have my blunders in dealing with people, but I can claim that I have a heart.

=D

It's almost euphoric whenever I acknowledge her presence. The curious question is: Is this good, or bad? There does not seem to be a harm in it. Admiration is natural. But what I ask are the causes of it? Does it stem from a longing to become like that person you admire? Hmmmmm. I wonder. As I wonder, I'll give you quotes on admiration:

Thomas Mann (1875 ~ 1955)

"I have always been an admirer. I regard the gift of admiration as indispensable if one is to amount to something; I don't know where I would be without it."

ADMIRATION LINK

Morihei Ueshiba (1883 ~ 1969) was one of the world's greatest martial artists, as well as a Japanese philosopher. He pointed out that besides admiring others, we are to admire life itself. For everything has something to teach us.

In his book, "The Art of Peace," he writes, "Contemplate the workings of this world, listen to the words of the wise & take all that is good as your own.

"The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring."

Francis H. Bradley


I guess that quote up there in bold answers my question. I DO admire her because I desire to become like her, but then, it constricts me from becoming who I am, who I really am. I feel inferior. I feel lacking and incapable, when the opposite could only be true. So now I say to my true self: damean, you are as good as any president, king, queen, princess, philanthropist and saint; you are as good as that person who eats so stingingly so others could eat, or a person who exudes so much confidence like that young international singer from a third world country. You are as good as a person who has achieved his goals because of his positive thinking, competitiveness, and hard work. You have enough potential to be able to do what they can do.

(You are lucky to be near successful people, because you can learn from them. :) And, they wonder what you are going to do. So surprise them! Or better yet, exceed their expectations!!! :D)

No comments: